> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozguru@> wrote:
> >
> > FYI, the pictures Turq posted could probably be seen on
> > billboards and city buses.
>
> More to the point, they're among the images of their
> "TMer heroines" that they would find if they just
> searched Google Images for their names. That's what
> I did; that's where these photos came from.
>
> I'm just fuckin' tired of Buck's act, when it swings
> prudish and Fundamentalist and nasty, as it just did.
> Buck has a tendency to dream up things that push *his*
> buttons, and then pretend that they push a lot of
> other people's buttons in Fairfield, the never-named,
> almost-certainly-imaginary people he "interviews."
> I'm calling bullshit.

Well Buck got you going here too Barry, buttons and all. I find it a little
unlikely you are quite as offended as you are making it sound however, all
sound and fury and all of that...

> I think -- whether or not he believes that his Buck
> act is an act or not -- it reveals a great deal about
> buck and *HIS* samskaras, *HIS* hangups. I don't think
> that there are either "MSAE children" or children of
> any other stripe reading this forum, and if there were
> I give them far more credit than Buck does. They've
> seen, dealt with, and handled (as Bhairitu says) images
> of these TM heroines themselves, and almost certainly
> *they weren't affronted by them*.

I am sure you are correct Barry. But you know what, we all know and realize
this, you can stop beating that dead horse now. Your outrage seems feigned.

> Unlike Buck, they probably grew up comfortable with
> sexuality -- their own, and other people's -- and
> don't feel threatened by it.

Pretty big generalization here.

> > The link to "Boogie Nights" was for the trailer not the
> > movie itself and could be shown on broadcast TV.  Don't
> > be such a prude.
>
> And don't be such a solipsist as to believe that you
> have the RIGHT to enforce your prudery on others. We
> get it -- you're not comfortable with this century. You
> prefer to imagine "spiritual" as having to do with
> communes full of women in granny dresses, among the
> past cults you revere. Free Clue: all those people are
> dead, and so are (with only a few exceptions) the so-
> called spiritual lineages they hoped to found.

Now you're on a roll. Fun isn't it?

> One of the reasons these movements died a much-deserved
> death is that they took it upon themselves, as believers,
> to tell their neighbors, the unbelievers, how they should
> live their lives. And now they're all dead, and so are
> the movements they thought were so holy, and so immortal.
> Their neighbors forgot them, and so should we.

What movements? Who as believers? What neighbors? When did they die? Who died?
Who's on first?

> Meanwhile human sexuality lives on, and refuses to hide
> its head in shame because people like Buck think it should.

What does sexuality's head look like by the way?

> Protect the innocent "MSAE children" from images they
> could see -- and should be able to see -- on their computers
> or on TV or elsewhere any day of the week? Get real.

Good point.

> The people who we should be concerned about protecting
> these children from are people like Buck. They could
> grow up to be like him.

Oh nasty, Barry, low blow. That Buck, he may be a bit prudish but on the plus
side he doesn't post pictures of true believers in granny dresses and
Birkenstocks.