--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, awoelflebater <no_reply@...> wrote:
<snip>
> Dear Xeno
> First I want to clarify a few things. I never took your initial
> statement of a few days ago (that I seemed to enter FFL on the
> backdraft of Robin and you were sort of wondering what that was
> all about) as anything as innocent curiosity. When you wrote
> that I didn't believe that you were insinuating anything
> untoward or hostile or were, indeed, implying much of anything
> other than you noticed I came to FFL when Robin was posting
> back in January. And indeed I did.

For the record, so Xeno doesn't get confused, I wasn't
at all concerned about the "backdraft" part of his remark.
You were explicit right at the start about why you turned
up here.

There was some dark speculation among those who had taken
a dislike to Robin that you had joined us to defend him at
his request (and even that you were he in disguise!), but
as far as I can recall Xeno never participated in that.

I've already explained to Xeno why I found the rest of his
remark about you offensive, so I won't go into it again.
You and I have different perspectives on Xeno, and that's
fine.

<snip>
> Robin started to post again and the inevitable negativity and
> questions and digs started up again with regard to him and his
> past history

Just to remind folks, Robin started to post again *because*
certain people had decided to start attacking him in his
absence, and he felt he needed to correct the intentionally
misleading context in which they had done so.

He got a warm welcome-back from quite a few others and ended
up sticking around. As before, his positive contributions to
the forum have been significant.

The few people who find him threatening, and who compulsively
attack not only him but anyone who enjoys his presence here,
have made themselves look small and mean, IMHO.