--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "feste37" <feste37@...> wrote:

<here are documented accounts of saints in the Roman Catholic Church who have
floated in the air during their meditations.  These saints included St. Teresa
of Avila and St. Thomas Aquinas.>

Is "documented" too strong a word to use in this context?  I mean I am pretty
skeptical of claims of things that are supposedly "documented" in today's
paper.  These stories were recorded in a time when authority was the ultimate
epistemological criteria and "facts" as we know them were not considered more
important than the cause.

I am not sure that these writings were figurative writing to express something
inner rather than a factual account of the outer.

What makes it compelling for you?