Well you got me again - I never heard that one either. Of course there were
always the relationship rumors, i.e. - Maharishi was supposed to have said all
sorts of things about relationships like don't have sex unless you are married,
don't have sex if you are married (cuz you can't get enlightened if you do) and
so on.

I had a long argument with a three-piece suit governor at MIU when I was on
staff there. He was visiting, wearing his three piece at dinner. I was in my
grungy kitchen clothes (I refused to wear a tie when not working as did all the
kitchen staff).

This guy started talking about how Maharishi had said one should never marry a
foreign woman, something about the energy of the cultures being too different.
He was so sure of himself and so arrogant and condescending and almost all the
people at our table were listening with rapt attention. He said that in fact
Maharishi had said that ideally one should marry someone from your own
neighborhood where you grew up.

I was the only naysayer and I go so goddamn mad at him, partly because there
was this Israeli woman I was smitten with who was agreeing with him. I was
really furious. The Israeli lady would go on to marry an Australian, so I
reckon she changed her mind.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "seekliberation" <seekliberation@...>