--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, nablusoss1008 <no_reply@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Share Long <sharelong60@> wrote:
>

> > In my tradition shaktipat is given by touch.  A lot of other traditions
> > do it this way.  Did you know that Maharishi also gave shaktipat when he
> > first taught meditation?
>
> Maharishi did that to the end, mainly by sight.

Yep. The first time I met Maharishi was in Detroit,1973. I took the day off
from teaching school to help drive some folks in his entourage from the airport
to a hotel. A small group of Detroiters met him on the Tarmac to give him a
flower, and then we followed him through the airport like a row of ducks to a
car waiting to pick him up. As he was getting into the car I happened to be
about two or three feet from him, eyeball to eyeball.  I didn't know anything
about shaktipat but it was a direct hit that felt like an eternity. I was
utterly exposed, he *knew* me, saw right into my being. It was a moment of
recognition, two souls meeting. He claimed me as his own and I gave my heart to
him.