> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "raunchydog" <raunchydog@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Stanley" <j_alexander_stanley@>
> > wrote:

> > > "There are some traditions that explain this phenomenon
> > >  in terms of "recognition." You sit in the presence of
> > >  someone who is "firing on more cylinders" than you are.
> > >  They are "higher," or in a more advanced state of con-
> > >  sciousness. More aspects of their being have "woken up."
> > >  And in that person's presence, you find that similar
> > >  aspects of YOUR being "wake up.""
> > >
> > > In WD, gazing isn't about being a challenge. It's spoken of in terms of
> > > transmission, but IMO, it's exactly what Barry refers to in that post.
> > > It's an opportunity bring yourself into spiritual alignment with the
> > > teacher by simply being present with each other in a very powerful way.
> >
> > Thanks for the explanation, Alex. I was just guessing what WD "gazing" is
> > all about based on my experience with people and a baboon...so what do I
> > know?
>
> FWIW, Share says "everybody does it with everybody" now; it's
> not just teacher-and-student.

Seems to me if you take pot luck with who your gazing partner is, and you don't
resonate with that particular person, it would push the boundaries of one's
comfort zone more than gazing with someone you know and like. If a person gets
to gaze with everyone in the group, then it might be an opportunity to observe
how one responds to different people.