--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Robin Carlsen" <maskedzebra@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, awoelflebater <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <authfriend@> wrote:
> > >
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, turquoiseb <no_reply@> wrote:
> > > <snip>
> > >
> > > Interestingly, lifelong guitar freaks frequently compare
> > > Hendrix and Vaughan (note spelling) and usually (from
> > > what I've read) acknowledge that which of the two was
> > > better is a difficult choice.
> >
> > Thanks Judy, at least I spelled Vaughan right even if the
> > Jimi was lacking. But however you spell them, they are two
> > magnificent guitarists and raise adrenaline levels in me
> > when I hear them play.
> >
> > And by the way, your knowledge seems to know no bounds when
> > it comes to cultural, literary and current worldly goings on.
> > Not to mention your ongoing commitment to accuracy and broad
> > viewpoint. And here I thought the symphony and opera were
> > your areas of expertise.

Hey, thanks for da kind woids, but I know almost nothing
about guitarists. I just happen to have had friends who
knew a lot. They'd have found the notion that preferring
SRV to Hendrix was "heresy" hilariously ignorant.

> Yeah, I'll certainly give her that: she's smart. Knows a lot.
> She makes me more careful than I otherwise would be if she
> weren't around. I am sure she is a very nice girl.

Trying to recruit me, are you, Zebra Boy? Think I was born
yesterday? Think I fell off a turnip truck? Well, I'm not
so green as I am grassy-looking, so back off, buster.