> To Buck - while I appreciate positive thinking, and the desire for god things
> to happen, when I came into TM in the '70s I heard stories about people being
> pushed around by the leaders of the Movement, had my own experiences with it
> till I said so long in the 1990's and these kinds of strong arm tactics and
> inflexible attitudes on the part of TM leaders is still going on today - what
> makes you feel that any of it will change after at least 30 years of it being
> the way it has been?

Jackson;  The Arab Spring, Tienanmen Square, the nature of the internet and
autocrats, and public scrutiny.   Thanks, your experience is a good example to
air here.  They do read this stuff and they are very susceptible to change.  It
is also apparent even to themselves that in about ten years many of us mortals
left now (them too) who knew Maharishi directly are likely going to be mostly
gone over.  There are elements very much at play at how things with the TMo are
going to go.  There is also lots of yelling and screaming going on about this
inside.  From ultra-preservationist over to ultra-progressive thrown together
all at once.  It is not necessarily all one or the other.  In a lot of people
inside it is both depending on who they are talking to.  Lots of looking at it
and shades of grey. It's a very idealistic thing going on here and it's a
pretty small group now and also the breadth of resources has narrowed a lot
from before which is going to sober people up to specific practicalities of
what needs to be done.  One element of it could fly it all in to the ground on
principle and the other wants to make it fly for good reasons.  It's a bit of a
horse-race right now how it is going to come out, but they are racing.  I was
at a horse track a couple weeks ago and was down walking by the last turn
before the final straight to the finish line.  In the quiet there what people
back in the grand stand could not hear as the horses came around was the
jockeys talking and shouting in the night air at their horses and at each other
bunched on that final turn.  I hope you stick around for the finish.  You have
a fresh perspective here about it by your experience with it.
-Buck in the Dome