--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Buck" <dhamiltony2k5@...> wrote:

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "salyavin808" <fintlewoodlewix@>
> > wrote:

> > > When the TMO set up its first village in the UK people
> > > naturally started hanging out together and going on
> > > walks etc. I know someone who was asked to report back to
> > > the directors what sort of things people were talking about.
> > >
> > > Most inquisitive, very cultish and shocking (to me at least).
> > > Maybe people's surprise at this depends on how much they
> > > believed that you don't have to change your beliefs when
> > > you learn TM. If, like me, you stay pretty much true to your
> > > questing yet sceptical principles then anyone checking up on
> > > what you think about *anything* is a massive affront.
> > >
> > > The crap people put up with just to avoid being banned from
> > > the dome or from courses amazes me as this sort of controlling
> > > behaviour isn't really what I expected from a "coherent" group,
> > > the rise in positivity is supposed to be spontaneous people!
> >
> > As I've said before (but not for some time), these trends
> > were already in evidence back when I returned to the US
> > from my TM-sidhi course in 1977. Up to that point I'd been
> > a fairly TB TMer, but I came back from six months away to
> > see what the TMO in L.A. had become in my absence. Prior
> > to that time I had been a State Coordinator for Oregon and
> > Washington, and had been ordered by "International" on
> > occasion to tell TM teachers who had been seen "seeing
> > other teachers" (in one case, going out of curiosity to
> > see the Dalai Lama in a public meeting containing several
> > thousand people, and sitting hundreds of yards away from
> > him). When asked to do this, I passed along what I had
> > been told to say (that they were no longer welcome in the
> > TM centers and that their names were now mud when it came
> > to going on courses), but then followed it up by saying
> > how much I hated having been put in the position of saying
> > it, and that I disagreed with the policy vehemently.
> >
> > But when I returned from my sidhis course, most of the
> > more sane and moderate elements had already moved on, and
> > what was left in their place were the worst kinds of
> > Bliss Nazis. I attended a couple of Inquisitions (that
> > really *is* the word for them) at the L.A. center in
> > which people applying to go to TTC were grilled by the
> > cabal that had taken over the L.A. center. These fanatics
> > were more fundamentalist than any Christian preacher you
> > have ever heard about. They literally forced these poor
> > meditators to stand there in front of them while they
> > grilled them about their sex lives, their marital status,
> > whether they lived "out of wedlock," and -- most insane
> > from my point of view -- whether they read any Off The
> > Program books.
> >
> > I saw several people told that they were "unworthy" of
> > becoming TM teachers because they admitted to having
> > read "Autobiography of a Yogi" or the Carlos Castaneda
> > books. This was particularly galling because I had been
> [...]

Well, Buck you're entitled to your opinion. You've raised several issues and
lumped them all into one pot of problems vs. solutions. I don't know where to
start to unravel all of what you say to make sense of it and at the moment, I'm
not up to the task of doing so. Perhaps another day. Peace, brother.