--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Emily Reyn <emilymae.reyn@...> wrote:

> Dear Robin, you must stop taking so many things at face value - it will be
> your downfall here. You will overreact, you will trigger without knowing it,
> your panties will always be in a twist, which will be extremely uncomfortable
> for you, as a man. (Doesn't bother me in the slightest by the way.)  You
> will feel persecuted.  You will spend way too much time defending your ego,
> no not your ego, your first person ontology.
>
> *I* am coming to terms with my creepiness; I think it likely that Barry and
> Curtis agree with you.  It has been a hard pill to swallow - like one of
> those vitamin horse pills that one swallows in the morning before jumping in
> the car to battle traffic to work and then, a few miles down the road, one
> realizes that while it is supposed to be good for you, it is making you feel
> so nauseas that you have to pull over and puke it up, along with the coffee,
> while wearing a nice corporate suit - and then vomit goes all over the silk
> scarf and stinks up the car and you walk into the morning meeting smelling
> like too much perfume and a cherry lozenge.
>
> For you Robin, there is a lovely poem in a magazine I get this month called
> "Walk with Grand-Dog and Wallace Stevens."  I'm so creepy that I am
> dedicating it to you, but I won't type it out for you because I am lazy.
>
> Here is the link to the Table of Contents - you will have to click on it to
> see who wrote it (I am a creepy gal, aren't I):
>
> http://thesunmagazine.org/issues/444

I apologize, Emily. But as you will see, CURTIS HAS GIVEN ME AN OUT. He makes
the case that I am only interesting in setting up that "cackling"
phenomenon--meanwhile overlooking the fact that I insulted you out of pique. I
felt much more important after Curtis having essentially said I was doing a
Buck-in-the-Dome move on my adversaries--with a wink-wink to all those who have
wanted to form this secret guild. Whereas--if the truth be known, Emily--I was
just mad at you for how you wrote that post.

Curtis's sincerity--in some ultimate way--has meant he has the high moral
ground here, and I defer to him in this. (Meanwhile I get to feel damn good,
because had he taken me literally--as I intended--I think I would look a lot
more stupid than I do now, when he believes I am saying: "I think I know I mean
a 'Yes' but it's all wrong, that is I think I disagree".)

I can't get access to that poem, by the way.

I want to start all over again, Emily. I think you utterly sincere (like Prince
Myshkin has already said to you--one of my favourite characters in all of
literature, by the way). I also think AWB utterly sincere.

My first person ontology got objectified very recently. And you should be able
to tell.

I am on page 97 of your book, and enjoying it immensely.