My feeling about "living in the moment" is that it's not all that it's cracked
up to be. It is a New Age cliche and refers to something for which human beings
are not designed. We live simultaneously in past, present, and future. That's
our nature. It is a quintessential human act to think back to the past, and
constantly interpret and reinterpret it for ourselves, and we also are wired to
spend a lot of time envisaging the future, for better or worse. My cat can do
neither of those things. He is pretty good at living in the moment, but I have
no desire to emulate him.