Susan, by the Grace of the Unified Field it is raining buckets outside right
now.  Great lightening and big thunder, in December?  That's anthropocentric
global weird weather for you.  This rain will frost in later tonite and
probably allow for a seeding of new crop in less than three months now.  Thank
the Unified Field.

The only problem with this rain is that it is too hard and too much volume
coming at once, it will mostly rush off and take good soil with it.  These are
some of the worst times of year for soil erosion before the frost goes in the
ground after crops are out as fall field work is done or as the frost is coming
out in the Spring.  The soil is terribly exposed.  You want to see the problem,
 take a look at these pictures of modern farming.  These are graphic soil
erosion pictures that may be offensive to some audiences:

https://sites.google.com/site/commodityagsoilerosion/

Center the photos with the arrows on your keyboard and scroll away.  Look at
the others on the sidebar.

-Buck