See possible correction below:

Buck wrote:

> > > I can find nothing about this anywhere. Please include some
> > > link that can tell me more about this virus that is spread
> > > via the nat (do you mean gnat?).
> >
> > This is probably it:
> >
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetongue_disease

Bluetongue isn't hemorrhagic, but it is a disease of
ruminants, including livestock, and it is spread by
midges. If that's the disease he's thinking of, he's
mistaken about it being hemorrhagic (it's catarrhal,
affecting mucous membranes).

There's another very closely related viral disease
spread by midges that *is* hemorrhagic--epizootic
hemorrhagic disease--but it affects only deer, not
livestock.

So something is screwed up with Buck's story, or
else there's a third viral disease of ruminants that
is hemorrhagic, affects livestock, and is spread by
midges--but I couldn't find one.