 From: authfriend <authfri...@yahoo.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, December 22, 2012 1:40 PM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Christmas

Michael, you *absolutely* did the right thing, as painful as
it was for you. Humans can live meaningful, fulfilling lives
even if the *quality* of their lives is circumscribed by
illlness, because they have virtually infinite mental and
spiritual resources to draw on.

For animals, quality of life is much more important because
their other resources are limited, at least comparatively
speaking. It is not kind to an animal to prolong its life
if the quality is seriously diminished. We tend to want to
do that for ourselves because we love the animal and don't
want to lose it, but it's a greater act of love to be
willing to let the animal go.