After much thought, I think I would still recommend something other than TM for
PTSD relief. TM was always marketed as the be all and end all of meditations
and it is not, so with so many alternatives out there that do not carry the
blemishes of Marshy, TMO and known unpleasant effects (unstressing) I prefer to
see them doing something else.

Also from a personal point of view, although some here say they always did TM
for the extra rest, or that it made them feel better TM from 1955 to the late
70's, early 80's was always marketed as a way to achieve fullness of life - by
gaining enlightenment.

I no longer believe that anyone will ever gain enlightenment through practicing
TM, there has never been anyone who has that I have ever heard of - those who
claim to have been seem to either create their own self aggrandizing cults or
become real basket cases. Those who report strong experiences of what came to,
in TM speak, be called CC, GC or UC seem to have fallen out of those states
after a time.

Some teachers like Adyashanti and Eckhart Tolle say that no one will ever
become enlightened through ANY kind of meditation since what we consider as the
state of enlightenment is our natural state of being, so if the original reason
to do TM is not going to happen, why run around shouting TM is good from the
rooftops?