I think we should have expected more from our leaders than to push that
agenda as they did.

To have so much military might, there is always a temptation to use it.
But if our leaders had been more responsible, had not  spun all the
facts and been so intent on starting a war, we would have been in far
better shape.

That's what our leaders are supposed to do, right?  Make decisions that
benefit the country, not harm it right?

That's what they are elected to do.  But sometimes you get bad leaders
who make bad decisions.

On that basis alone - extracting us from two wars, I can like this
president.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, wgm4u wrote:

> I admit I was FOR the war in Iraq much like MOST of the country at the
time. Yeah We were ALL complicit,as you put it, wake up!
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "seventhray27" wrote:
> >

> > Bill, if you feel that this makes her complicit to the same extent
as
> > those who rigorously pushed that agenda, then be my guest.
> >
> > I admit it is difficult to buck a trend and vote against a measure
which
> > may then make you appear to be unpatriotic or as a pacifist, and so
you
> > therefore decide to vote with the majority.
> >
> > But, if you see no difference between voting for the measure and
> > orchestrating it, then there's not much I can say. But I would say
that
> > you are being intellecually dishonest.
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, wgm4u wrote:
> > >

> > > You seem to ineptly forget Hillary Clinton herself was for the WAR
in
> > Iraq, you silly liberals have such a short memory.

Iraq.