--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Susan"  wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "salyavin808"  wrote:
> >

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Susan"  wrote:
> > >
> > > At the top of my FFL message board for the last 2 weeks are frequent ads
> > > for L Ron Hubbard's web site. Do others have this happening?  Is this
> > > selective advertising where they consider FFL people a good audience?  If
> > > so, they are way off base.
> >

> > It must be a sign. I think you should join up Susan, it could be
> > a new path to the wonders of being enlightened or "clear".
> >
> > And if you get all the way to being an operating thetan level 6
> > you can tell us the truth about our galactic overlord, Xenu.
> > Shouldn't cost you more than 20% of your earnings and maybe your marriage
> > and sanity... But you might meet Tom Cruise, so you have
> > to weigh up the pros and cons for yourself.
> >

> MMM, Tom Cruise is not my style. A sign?  Well, if you join first and spend a
> good year or two devotedly doing their programs, report back to me.  No
> matter what you say, I won't join you.

Ooh, that's not the spirit they like. They want complete credulity,
helps with the programming, I mean the auditing. That's what they
call their form of psychotherapy which, they claim, releases sub-
conscious stress. I always imagined it might have an effect like
TM in that respect. I'd like to try that aspect but you have to
put up with the brainwashing too I'm afraid. And I can't afford it..

> But - wouldn't it be weird if someone actually did get enlightened or
> awakened (a la TM or advaita criteria) via COS?

They claim that every Operating Thetan (great lingo huh?)of
a certain level is free of what used to hold them back and in
full control of mind and faculties, which should sound familiar.
Shame I'm so cynical now as I'd like to be innocent enough to
get roped into another cult group but I doubt it could happen.
Especially one that I know is quite sinister.

> My next move is to join AdBlock Plus.  The L Ron ads are nonstop, done on a
> gold colored background, and flash faster and faster with all his
> accomplishments, or supposed ones.

I'd like to have seen them but I don't get any ads here at all now!