On 03/13/2013 05:04 AM, Alex Stanley wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Share Long <sharelong60@...> wrote:
>> By which I mean almost no carbs and lots of healthy fats like
>> avocado, humuus and olive oil.  And lots of quinoa for protein.
> http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/cereal-grains-and-pasta/10352/2
>
> Quinoa is 71% carbohydrate

And probably unless you and your ancestors grew up in the tropics your
body can't process the protein that's in a carbohydrate or at least very
little of.  We are what our ancestors et. :-D

And that said, Amma's folks were fishing people and probably Amma did
not grow up on vegetarian food but then one has to give her credit in
warning her followers about diving into vegetarianism. Then we have the
reports that Maharishi's favorite dish was chicken tikka masala.  It's
one of my favorites too but my favorite Indian chicken dish is butter
chicken, the kind made without tomatoes. This place has butter chicken
to die for:
http://www.swagat-indian.com/menu.html

Though I haven't eaten there in ages since they raised their prices.
This is the place that was always busy during lunch and I went there one
weekend (also usually busy) after they hiked prices and there was only
one other table of folks there.  There's lots of offices in the area
including tech ones and they can't afford a $11 lunch buffet.