On 03/13/2013 01:00 PM, Alex Stanley wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozguru@...> wrote:
>>> http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/cereal-grains-and-pasta/10352/2
>>>
>>> Quinoa is 71% carbohydrate
>> And probably unless you and your ancestors grew up in the tropics
>> your body can't process the protein that's in a carbohydrate or at
>> least very little of.  We are what our ancestors et. :-D
> I grew up in Jew Jersey and carry haplogroups G2c and H because a New York
> Jew of Mediterranean origin knocked up a shiksa of English and German
> ancestry, who then put me up for adoption. What I've noticed over the years
> is that I have two types of hunger and satiety, caloric and nutrient. If I
> eat nothing but plant based foods or even lacto-vegetarian foods, I'll feel
> calorically satisfied but not feel truly nourished. And, even with animal
> protein in the diet, fish and poultry don't provide as deep a satiety as beef
> or lamb. I'll occasionally have some bean based food because I enjoy it, but
> they are nutritionally suboptimal for me, and eating too much of them gives
> me a headache. So, yeah, vegetable proteins are kind of a no go for me.

The theory is that a lot of boomers and younger got popular processed
foods so we have weaker sympathetic systems and dominant
parasympathetic.  So fast oxidizers are more common these days. They are
also usually calcium deficient and nervous eaters.  Hence carbs make
things worse.  For some like me though a low carb diet makes me morose
in just a day or two (low serotonin) and adding some carbs back in cures
that.  So diet and weight loss is highly individual.