--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Emily Reyn <emilymae.reyn@...> wrote:

> I interpreted it as Curtis letting us/FFL know his potential travel plans,
> perhaps indirectly, in that he informed the group through a question to
> Barry, but no matter - he didn't add a specific prompt in the subject line to
> push that agenda.  I enjoy hearing how other people's lives are unfolding
> and having never been to Majorca, I want to hear details, details man,
> details.  Pictures, food descriptions, travel log or blog, or whatever, if
> he decided to go.
>
> How many times does Share pose specific questions and responses to specific
> people on this public forum?  Cracks me up every time - as if she doesn't
> want to hear feedback from whoever - as if she's worried that if she doesn't
> tailor the subject line, she won't be heard by who she wants to be heard by.
>  And perhaps she won't - oh well.  Those that follow this forum and the
> conversations don't seem to need personal prompts, at least in the past that
> was the case.   Perhaps she should be emailing people privately?

Everybody has their own style. I wasn't suggesting Curtis
should have emailed Barry privately; I was just amused
that he would announce his good fortune to the group by
formulating it as a question specifically to Barry.

Nothing wrong with him gloating about it either, for that
matter, although he seems to have been insulted by the
suggestion that this is what he was doing.