http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fs_AgCTovik
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fs_AgCTovik>
Oxford Camerata,Jeremy Summerly, director.
  Much of this Carlo Gesualdo's music makes his mental turmoil and fear
of damnation over his infamous murders achingly clear, especially the
disturbing mode changes and chromaticism on parts of the text that say
things like "have mercy on me" and words like "my sorrow and "my tears
01. Illumina faciem tuam
02. Deus refugium et virtus (4,25~)
03. Exaudi Deus deprecationem meam (6,50~)
04. Tribulationem et dolorem (9,35~)
05. Tribularer si nescirem (14,35~)
06. Precibus et meritis beatae Mariae (18,25~)
07. O Crux benedicta (20,40~)
08. O vos omnes (25,00~)
09. Dignare me laudare te (28,55~)
10. Maria mater gratiae (31,00~)
11. Laboravi in gemitu meo (34,55~)
12. Ave dulcissima Maria (39,15~)
13. Domine ne despicias (43,50~)
14. Peccantem me quotidie (46,00~)
15. Sancti Spiritus Domine (51,30~)
16. Hei mihi Domine (53,35~)
17. Venit lumen tuum Jerusalem (57,20~)
18. Reminiscere miserationum tuarum (1,00,10~)
19. Ave Regina coelorum (1,04,00~)

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <authfriend@...>
wrote:
snip
> (snip quote)
> >
> > Thanks.  I believe that was the composer my friend was
> > referring to.  I see there was one TV movie based on him
> > "Death for Five Voices" that I may have seen too.
>
> Yes, by Werner Herzog. A quasi-documentary. There are some
> clips from it on YouTube.
here found the movie full on You tube worth to watch in full or to
re-watch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6iaghGYSjc
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6iaghGYSjc>

> > The "church" often banned the use of the flatted 5th
> > or tritone which was referred to as the "devil's interval".
>
> "Diabolus in musica." That it was "banned" is probably
> apocryphal, but it was definitely viewed (heard) with
> suspicion and generally avoided.
thanks for the "apocryphal"-there are certainly more to write about
but...
some smile for your inner child of 13 as a thank you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NazkSQyPx0