 From: authfriend <authfri...@yahoo.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, April 23, 2013 11:29 AM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: to azgrey was what a Sunday on FFL

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Ann" <awoelflebater@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Share Long <sharelong60@> wrote:
> >
> > Ann, I am in awe! How do you find these gems?! Anyway, about
> > the other cartoon curse situation, is it really a curse? I
> > think it's kind of a sweet blessing, may he laugh with
> > lizards. I mean, if a person could laugh with lizards, they
> > could pretty much laugh about all of it. IMHO.
>
> I don't think anything that has been posted in Yiddish in
> the past day or so has been as serious as a curse.

Judaism forbids cursing, as it happens. Yiddish *insults*,
however, are a high art. They're typically witty and
creative, but they can get pretty nasty. The ones I used
(none was a "blessing") are among the very mildest. I mean,
if one feels one has been cursed by "Thank you very much
in your bellybutton," one is in a bad way.

Here's a little essay on the "Yiddish curse":

http://www.aish.com/j/fs/48929782.html