> Salyavin, I still think all this has something to do with WHOLE brain
> functioning.  I still think either there's no brain that does this and or
> science doesn't have instruments to measure such.  I postulate that if both
> of these happened, it would be obvious that consciousness gives rise to
> matter.
> Am I totally brain washed?!

Om Dear Share, you are right and that is my experience.  Yes they are not
measuring the right things declaring alpha global coherence is transcendence.
It is a lot more than that including the temple of the heart subtle structures.
 They are not touching this.  TM does not necessarily either of its own
practice.  As the Batgap panel discussion points to with Hagelin and Rick,
there is more spiritual work to do in meditation sitting than just transcending
some in meditation.
By Jove Keep up the good work,
Buck