My approach is that if someone is being an asshole and they are in my way, I
will say, "Get out of the way, asshole". It is the asshole who creates
themselves that way, and identifies with that behavior, so it is entirely
appropriate to call them out, personally, for such behavior, and to dislike
them for it, as long as they continue being offensive.