--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, doctordumbass@... <no_reply@...> wrote:

> My approach is that if someone is being an asshole and they are in my way, I
> will say, "Get out of the way, asshole". It is the asshole who creates
> themselves that way, and identifies with that behavior, so it is entirely
> appropriate to call them out, personally, for such behavior, and to dislike
> them for it, as long as they continue being offensive.

This should be a lesson for all those that think being enlightened means one
treats everyone all rosy. It reminds me of a Saint I met in India who used to
hit visitors with a big stick if he considered them "assholes". Those that came
to him asking for help without being willing to improve themselves or do any
sadhana (many probably thought they were already enlightened anyway and had no
use for sadhana...)would get severe scoldings, sometimes with the help of his
big stick. Of course many would walk away thinking this fellow certainly could
not be enlightened since he behaved in this way :-)