--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "seventhray27" <steve.sundur@...> wrote:

> sure Judy.  Carry on with your truth campaign.  as Curtis aptly
> pointed out: for someone to constantly declare how "dedicated to
> truth" they are, is not unlike the magician telling everyone
> repeatedly how "this is a plain, ordinary deck" with which I am
> going to perform this trick.

Not if the person is in fact dedicated to truth, unlike the
magician. Curtis isn't, you aren't (as I just got done noting),
Barry obviously isn't. So it isn't at all surprising that the
three of you would be anxious to portray a truth-teller as
a deceiver, is it?

> but this is how you choose to spend your life force, so I
> hope is gratifying for you.

Not being concerned about the truth, you probably aren't
aware that there are many people who have dedicated their
lives to the truth, sometimes even *sacrificed* their
lives to the truth. Truth and truth-telling have generally
been highly regarded throughout history, something to
strive for.

http://www.ridenhour.org/prizes_truth_telling.html

(I wouldn't consider myself to come close to deserving
such a prize because my efforts have been so limited.)

But there are always those who can't see the importance of
truth, who find it inconvenient and annoying, not worth the
effort; and even those who believe truth just gets in the
way of their needs and desires and whims. And sometimes, of
course, such people are just cowards who *fear* the truth.