--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Susan" <wayback71@...> wrote:
(snip)
> Bingo  and well said - that is exactly the weirdness of
> the situation: expecting apologies on behalf of someone
> else - someone you never met or talked to on the phone,
> no less.  Someone who is not your friend, someone who
> has been created out of the compilation of posts at FFL.

Wayback, you have a tendency to make a whole lot of
assumptions. You might want to think about not making
them quite so confidently.

Just for one thing, I have a number of friends on FFL,
including Robin (but not, obviously, you). I think it's
peculiar, to say the least, to rule out the possibility
of friendship via cyberspace. (And let's also note that
human beings aren't created via compilations of posts;
rather, the posts and their compilations are created by
human beings. Perhaps that's what's confusing you.)

More importantly, I'm fascinated that anybody would
think there's anything "weird" about standing up for
your friends (or even those who are *not* your friends,
for that matter) when they've been falsely accused or
otherwise unfairly treated. It seems to denigrate the
biblical principle of being one's brother's keeper.

Me, I'll stand behind that principle and do my best
to uphold it for as long as I draw breath.

YMOV. Sad.