--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Stanley" <j_alexander_stanley@...>
wrote:

> I just forwarded a long post from FFL to my Yahoo
> Inbox, and I experienced no jumping while scrolling
> through it, regardless of how I did the scrolling
> (mouse scroll wheel, dragging scroll bar, down arrow
> on keyboard, or clicking and holding the down button
> on the scroll bar.) It scrolled smoothly every time.

Not to barge in or anything ( although I am :-),
I think that when making absolute declarations
about what a Web service "does" or "doesn't do,"
one should bear in my that WYSIWYG is *not*
necessarily What Everyone Else Sees And Gets.

Large Web services like Yahoo or Facebook have
multiple servers, on multiple continents, and
they roll out "upgrades" to them on *their*
schedule, not all at once. Living where I do,
I've grown used to hearing about Americans
bitching about some new "upgrade" for *weeks*
before I see it. Same thing used to happen to
me when I used to live in the US, as a similar
"upgrade" took days or weeks to update across
the distributed network of servers.