---In fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com, <turquoiseb@...> wrote:

 --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "TurquoiseB" wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, wrote:
> >
> > "So, let's sum up what we know ... "
> >
> > This is the sure sign of a scammer.
>
> And trying to argue with him about what follows is a
> sure sign that you've been scammed.
>
> Willytex *succeeded* in poking your ego until it reacted,
> and you had to dive in to "prove" that you "know" more
> than he does.
>
> Trolls exist because egos do. That's what argument trolls
> like Willytex and Judy feed on. They don't care about who
> really "wins" any of the arguments they start, because
> they'll "declare victory" in all of them. All they care about
> is suckering someone's ego into reacting so that the
> arguments happen, and thus the "declarations of
> victory" can happen.
>
> If you react to their provocation, in their minds they "win."
> If you *don't* react, they'll find some way to try to spin
> *that* into a "win," too, but at least you won't be all
> covered with slime from interacting with them.
>
> Just my opinion...

 Hi Empty,

I'm going to follow up on my earlier post this morning,
partly to expand upon it, but also because at least three
people here don't seem to understand who I was talking
to. Trying to help them appear less STOOOPID, I remind
them of a stern dictum issued by She Who Must Not Be
Disobeyed herself:

"Hey, doofus, nobody was talking to you. End of story."
- Judy Stein, 13 October 2013

Anyway, what I was trying to say *to you* earlier is that
while I understand that it pains you to see Willytex
spouting bullshit here on FFL, when you fall for it and
get into it with him, you're playing *his* game, not yours.
He's trolled you.

That's just what he and the other troll I mentioned earlier
DO. They lie in wait for someone to say something, then
they rush out and search Google or Wikipedia or some
batch of saved files and they post a "rebuttal."

It isn't *really* a rebuttal, of course -- it's an invitation
for you to argue with them. If you do, they win. That's
just how trolls think.

The thing is, even if you *don't* fall for it and argue with
them, they'll find a way to spin *that* and consider it a
"win" for them, too. Just as the three people whom *I* did
not respond to (and wasn't talking to in the first place)
did today.

I'm not faulting your scholarship, or trying to start some
kinda argument with you, either. I'm just pointing out The
Nature Of Trolls, and reminding you that it really *isn't*
worth your time to try to rebut or correct them. They don't
care about that. ALL that they care about is that they got
you to argue with them.

IMO, doing so is a classic waste of time. But if you've got
so much time left in this life that you don't mind wasting
it, forgive me for butting in and more power to ya...argue
with them all you want. Your call...

 Barry takes the time and the 'trouble' to once more advise someone about
falling for and responding to and satisfying the 'trolls' of FFL all the while
in doing so he is responding to and falling for and satisfying the 'trolls' of
FFL. If you really wanted to prove your point, Barry, and follow your own
advice you'd button it.