--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, cardemaister <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
<snip>
> Hmmm... how big a difference would it make if
> one translated "samaadhau" to 'in samaadhi' instead
> of 'to samaadhi'? I seem to recall that Vyaasa or
> Bhoja comments that siddhis tend to make samaadhi weaker, but they
> don't obstruct it alltogether (provided I've understood
> the Sanskrit approximately correctly).

Don't know nuttin' about the Sanskrit, but recall
that according to MMY, the function of practicing
the TM-Sidhis is to "challenge" samadhi, as with
the metaphor of the sun fading the yellow dye in the
context of plain-vanilla TM.  Activity following
meditation "challenges" the samadhi that remains
after meditation, which ultimately results in
strengthening it and making it permanent.

The intense color of the dye when the cloth comes
out of the dye vat is "weakened" by the sun, but
what remains is what has become permanent.  The
permanent part is added to incrementally with each
dip into the vat until it's all permanent.  But
that wouldn't have happened if it wasn't "weakened"
by the sun each time.

Don't know if this has anything to do with it, but
the possible parallel struck me as interesting.