--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,  wrote:

> Richard,
>
>  A well poisoner. Nice observation, including all the rest you wrote.
In post 363322 perhaps there is a clue. In a response to Share
authfriend wrote:

>  "P.S.: You're quite right about my childhood, albeit not in the way
you hope. I had a happy, stress-free childhood with two parents who
loved me deeply and steadfastly. They passed on their own devotion to
authenticity and loathing of phoniness to me."

> Whatever she feels is non authentic gets a dose of loathing, i.e., a
feeling of intense dislike or disgust; hatred (that is the definition of
the word). If you want to change the world, loathing is not the emotion
I would want to operate from; it is the antithesis of acceptance, which
is what spirituality develops (sometimes anyway). Loathing is the
emotion you want to instill if you want to pass on intolerance. It is a
blinding emotion.

In the talk on how to detect and deal with liars I viewed as part of an
internal IBM education program, the speaker pointed out one particular
facial expression that one should *always* be wary of. He showed a photo
of Dick Cheney, wearing a snarl characterized by one side of his mouth
raised higher than the other and said, "This is *contempt*. Whenever you
see it, when in a business meeting, *don't* sign the contract, and
instead just get up and leave the room. That is what the other person
really thinks of you, and it's never going to change."

The aspect of this whole routine that always amazes me when someone
trots out the supposedly derogatory buzzphrase "phony" is that the
person using this term never seems to be able to define "what" the
target of their contempt is being a "phony" AT. The belief at the heart
of hurling the epithet "phony" is that the person they are hurling it at
is *pretending* to be something that they're not.

I suggest that this is pure projection, coming in almost every case from
people whose *whole lives* are about pretending to be something they're
not. Such people really *cannot comprehend* other people who have no
need to do this, so they constantly project their own insecure need to
"project an image" onto those they dislike, incorrectly (in many cases)
assuming that their contempt-objects have such a need as well.

The classic example of this, of course, is Judy trying to deal with
someone like Curtis. In my opinion, there have been no posters on this
forum more comfortable with just being what they are than Curtis. I
don't think I ever saw him "pretend" to be anything other than what he
was...the "sum state" of his life, all that had led up to him being who
and what he was, in that moment. But to Judy, he was a "phony."

A "phony" WHAT, Judy? *What* exactly did you believe that Curtis was
trying to pretend to be? *What* exactly do you think that Share is
trying to be, or that I am trying to be when you call us "phonies?"
*Why* do you think that someone would ever have the need to try to
"project an image" and convince other people to believe it? Could it
possibly be because that's what YOU do, on a pretty much constant basis?

Which of the people you have claimed were "phonies," for instance, have
ever said something as stupid and as *obviously* untrue as "I never
lie?" YOU have said this, many times, and everyone here except you knows
immediately that it's not true, and that you're lying when you say it.
Wouldn't that make YOU the phony in this scenario?

When you pretend to "know" what people "really" mean by what they wrote,
when there is no possible way for you to "know" that, aren't YOU being
the "phony?"

Save your contempt for yourself, Judy. You're the one who demonstrates
the behavior you claim to loathe the most on this forum.

> ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, punditster@ wrote:
>
>  I've been an respondent on the internet since 1999, so it's not like
I'm a newbie or something. And it's been my observation that Judy has a
really big ego, maybe bigger even than Barry, and that's saying a lot!
There are facts and there are opinions - facts can be argued, but an
opinion stands no matter what, and that's everyone's right to express -
you may not agree, but there should be no excuse for slandering your
debating opponents.

>  It's like when some people call others 'nazis' all the time - it soon
loses its force, and in the end doesn't do justice to the real nazi
victims.

>  At first I thought Judy was being very astute when she called Barry a
liar over and over again; then she started going after me with the same
tactic. For awhile I thought there was something wrong with me and that
maybe I did lack integrity. But now, after Judy called Buck a liar for
no reason  at all, I've come to the conclusion that Judy is simply a
well-poisoner.

>  That's her style I guess.
>
>  Hey, I'm all for truthfulness and personal integrity, but I'm just
not sure dialoging with anonymous informants in an online chat-room is
the place to prove it - this is supposed to fun, not a trial by a
one-person judge and jury.

>  But, it has reached a level now that she's calling almost everyone a
liar, a troll, and/or a poser.

>  At this point, she's just a very unpleasant person to deal with and
not very informative either. And, there's no relief when anyone starts
up a dialog with her - it's incessant and endless. Barry is a case in
point - from what I can tell, Judy carries a grudge for a very, very
long time. Go figure.

>  P.S. You may have noticed that Judy does NOT respond very elegantly
to constructive criticism. If anyone can point to an untruth I've
posted, please let me know and point my error - be specific, so we can
resolve any misunderstandings. Thanks in advance.

>  On 11/27/2013 10:33 AM, Share Long wrote:
>
>    I think Truth is something huge, that cannot really be completely
conveyed in words alone. Unless the speaker or writer is communicating
from a very settled and integrated level of consciousness. OTOH, unless
someone has a nefarious intention, I think most people try to
communicate truthfully. But each of us is limited by our connection to
Truth. The most trustworthy people, imho, are those who recognize this
and intend to become more and more truthful.

punditster@ mailto:punditster@ wrote:

>  Maybe, but I almost always suspect someone of not being totally
honest when they post as an anonymous informant. I used to post under
various handles until I got outed, and so I decided when I retired, I
would just use my real name. I've got nothing to hide and nobody can
fire me from my job since I'm self-employed now. But using a handle is
no biggie to me  because I understand why some people need to keep their
privacy.

>  But, I did get a little paranoid reading Bill's post where he claimed
Ravi had stalked or threatened, to what - expose Bill and his wife.
What's up with that?

>  That's when things get REALLY nasty around here - I wouldn't blame
Rick if he shut down the whole discussion group, if that's what going to
happen here on a regular basis! It is always troubling to see someone
get banned from the group. Where I used to work, you had to really screw
up big time to get fired - like smoking pot in the parking lot or
something like that. Hardly anyone gets banned on FFL - Kirk got banned
for cursing too. Go figure.

>  And, I don't care if people post mean things about me sometimes - it
could always just be a joke of some kind - like when Barry2 posted that
my real name was Walter White. LoL!

>  On 11/27/2013 8:49 AM, anartaxius@ mailto:anartaxius@ wrote:
>
>    10 Ways Liars Use Words To Obscure the Truth
>  http://liespotting.com/liespotting-basics/words/
http://liespotting.com/liespotting-basics/words/ We are not face-to-face
on FFL, it's all words, words, words. There are those here who make a
big deal of their integrity. Perhaps that is a suspect trait.

>  Now to me authenticity means knowing what one is, and how everything
in the world sets in that, including those vagaries of personality,
mind, and body which are a sliver of a much larger whole. This is an
experience not a concept, though we have to use a word to refer to that
experience. Authfriend's authenticity seems to me to be rather narrow
and intolerant idea of what authenticity should be like, rather than
what it is. Compared to your current nemesis, I think you have
integrity.

>  Now if I have a criticism of you, it would be to drop the LoL
comments from your posts. It is not necessary to gloat over one's
opponents. As authfriend uses similar kinds of comments sprinkled
throughout out a number of her posts, it might be advisable not to
emulate the device, otherwise you take on her characteristics.

>  Authfriend seemed rather friendly toward me when I first came on the
forum, but once I started to disagree with her, things changed. Barry
was the first one, I think, who attacked me, but somehow, his manner of
confronting me had a very different feel and sense than Ms. Stein. I
think that is because, however you feel about Barry and what he writes
here, he is not experiencing loathing when he writes, he is not attached
to the emotions that one might imply he is experiencing, at least not
deeply, and so what he writes has a considerably more positive direction
even when he slams something. But as the confrontation between those two
has been going on for so long, it is highly repetitive. I think Barry's
strategy is a good one, to not engage directly.

>  As for authfriend, she said she would not have any discussions with
me until I apologised for some slight to her phony authenticity, and she
has tried to worm out of that by entering into a thread I have started
or entered myself by 'making a comment' and proclaiming that to not be
entering a discussion. But of course that is exactly how you enter a
discussion, by making a comment.