Dr. Dumbass wrote: > > I like Curtis, but I found him to be emotionally
duplicitous - that
 > > means acting one way, while feeling another. Barry remarked:

 > Whereas you felt completely comfortable with Robin's overuse
 > (combined with bad writing) of "irony," the very definition of
 > which is saying one thing and meaning another. I understand. :-)

Irony is designed to be understood as such, and most people know it when they
see it. But Barry has always had a hard time recognizing irony, which is one
big reason why Robin made him so uncomfortable--he could never be sure when
Robin was being ironic.

 Curtis, in stark contrast, went to considerable lengths to hide his emotional
duplicity. Barry's never been good at detecting that either, which is why he
describes Curtis as "WYSIWYG."