On 1/1/2014 1:20 PM, authfri...@yahoo.com wrote:

 > As you know, she was a witness to the risen Christ,
 > not to the resurrection itself. Nobody saw that.

Mary Magdalene was at the Jesus' crucifixion, a witness to his ministry,
and she was at the resurrection. She saw them all with her own eyes.
Then she told the others. She was the first to see it - the
resurrection. First. That's what I think.

Mary heard the risen Jesus call out her name and she knew it was the
Christ. After telling her what to do, he flew up into the sky and went
to meet the apostles. How do you think he got to Galilee - on a bullock
cart?

For Christians, the belief that Jesus miraculously returned to life
after the crucifixion is the central tenet of the faith - the Nicene Creed.

Work cited:

'The Nicene Creed'
First Council of Constantinople, 381 AD
New Short History of the Catholic Church
by Norman Tanner
Burns & Oates, 2011
p. 33