Dear MJ,

 Actually I found your friends writing interesting.   A lot of people here have
sat with that too. Your friend seems a little racked by religion. Some thing
spiritual that might help free him a little from a binding kinds of attachment
to religiosity he may have, if he is indeed being spiritually held up or
obstructed by religion, might be visiting with this person:
 http://www.divinemotheronline.net/about/about-the-founder-connie-huebner/
http://www.divinemotheronline.net/about/about-the-founder-connie-huebner/

 I see she has a call-in scheduled for tomorrow nite, Weds.
 http://www.divinemotheronline.net/programs-offered/free-healing-sessions/
http://www.divinemotheronline.net/programs-offered/free-healing-sessions/

 She has been very helpful towards getting people over these kinds of hang-ups
over the years.

 This might be helpful to your friend towards surmounting religion and getting
on with his spiritual life.
 Kindly,

 -Buck