Nice, Richard. I'm just old enough to realize the value of staying on an even
keel and doing what helps that in terms of diet, sleep, exercise, etc. I also
like that the good doctor said: moderation in everything. But don't miss
anything. OTOH I have missed a few things like LSD and don't mind that I have!

On Monday, January 13, 2014 10:45 AM, Richard Williams <pundits...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> You also forget that I have a Vajrayana Tantric and Dzogchen
> teacher. Certainly different practices but when he first saw
> my altar he pointed to the traditionally carved shiva lingam
> and commented “original Tantra”.

You two are comparing apples to oranges, but I'm practicing tantra with a real
live shakti. There's nothing wrong with self-starting but it doesn't compare to
the real deal.

> All this means that your evaluation is a parody of a Willy-ism
> - which is as much value as I can give it.

I've tried to dumb it down as much as I could. Let's see if you can understand
this:

1.3 "jus b reg 2 x y med, ne alt sans 3 guns, seps abs, n' eyes-wide shut;
nodoze, no bear down, u enjoy." ( Wallah Sutra 1.3)

According to MY, most people are born in a state of mental equipoise but
quickly loose it, either through karma, bad diet, bad treatment, extreme
stress, or moving away from the physical location most conducive to their
natural constitution and temperament. Everyone is recommended to discover for
themselves what the optimum conditions for them might be and to try to keep
themselves on an even keel. The primary method for returning and maintaining a
state of mental equipoise is meditation that is transcendental, and as a
supplementary practice, the siddhis, in which stress is replaced with bubbling
bliss.

On Sun, Jan 12, 2014 at 3:11 PM, <emptyb...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Actually, you have no idea
what you are talking about
>.
>As you know, I had a ritvikâcharya teach me mahârudrâbhishekam. Over a period
of 5-6 years he also imparted much of the Vedika view of values. According to
him, the Tantrika view was that the universe was actualized by limitless
shakti-s that structured its being, patterns and interactions.

>The only thing he wouldn't yield about was teaching me the mechanics of
agni-hotra (although he performed one for me at the installation of my
shiva-lingam). I believe he considered me too far from being a renouncer and
therefore prone to get into trouble with an agni-hotra ... all because if done
properly, the yajñamana receives the results quickly and decisively.