Did you not read what I wrote, Share? The distinction in terms of words is
arbitrary. Shame isn't inherently toxic, and guilt isn't inherently healthy.
You can redefine the words all you want, but all you're saying is that one
shouldn't feel that one is fundamentally wrong, bad, defective (or at least no
more so than anybody else--it's a basic doctrine of Christianity, of course,
that everyone is fundamentally wrong, bad, and defective; otherwise we wouldn't
need redemption).

 << Judy, contemporary psychologists find it useful to distinguish between
guilt which is healthy and shame which is toxic, where shame indicates feeling
that one is fundamentally wrong, bad, defective. >>