That's your personal definition of "shame," Share. You're making an arbitrary
distinction between feeling guilt and feeling shame. My dictionary says shame
is:

 "a painful emotion caused by consciousness of guilt, shortcoming, or
impropriety"

 I'd say if you are unable or refuse to feel pain about having done something
wrong, there's something wrong with you.

 << emptybill, I think it's appropriate to feel guilt about wrong doing and to
make amends. But imo shame is toxic. It says that there's something
fundamentally wrong with the person rather than that they did something wrong.