you are as full of shit as a Christmas goose to say that Hinduism is a
philosophy - there are about a billion Hindus who disagree with you.
On Tue, 3/25/14, Bhairitu <noozg...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

 Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: No Mantra will cure willfully arrogant
stupidity
 To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
 Date: Tuesday, March 25, 2014, 4:06 PM

     So did you get
 a "buzz" from the puja?
       You should and that's probably why you liked it.
 The "buzz" would
       be the increase of "shakti" which is
 something not well understood
       by western science.

       Another thing we need to remember is that just the
 word "Hindu"
       was a form of ignorance created by invaders of the
 Indus Valley
       who could not pronounce a word starting with
 "I" so they put an
       "H" in front.  Sort of of a joke.

       And "Hinduism" just like MMY said, is indeed
 a philosophy just
       like Buddhism and not a religion.  The
 "invaders" also thought the
       practices constituted a "religion."  And
 truly there are some
       Indians who practice it "religiously."  :-D

       On 03/25/2014 08:07 AM, salyavin808 wrote:

             No Mantra will cure willfully arrogant
 stupidity? Hmmm, seems like that's the
                 sort of thing meditation was designed
 for. Is it too
 late for a
                 refund?

 don't know why
                 you people get so upset at a few
 inconvenient facts. I'm
                 an athiest and I loved the puja, all that
 bowing and
                 singing and incense, just like some sort of
 religious
                 thing but not a religious thing because it
 was all in
                 foreign and quite enjoyable anyway, so why
 would it
                 matter? Unless you are some sort of
 religious person who
                 has what they are allowed to do proscribed
 by someone
                 else, but who would admit to that? As the TM
 teacher
                 said: if you like ceremonies it's a nice
 one. If you
                 don't, it's a short one. And
 besides, I wanted to get my
                 hands on the enlightenment and the
 supernatural powers
                 the book promised, so I would have sat
 through a hymn
                 service at the local church.
 Almost.

             Anyhoo's, I don't
                 remember any god doing anything for me
 lately so I
                 conclude that the origin of mantras is
 irrelevant, and
                 also about as irrelevant as other TMO
 teachings I had
                 plowed into me like the "fact"
 that most of classical
                 Indian literature happens to be present in
 my body in
                 some, unspecified, way. Which seems to me
 about as
                 religious a statement as you could
 possibly
                 make.

             Coincidentally, you
                 can cure people of any health problem at all
 by chanting
                 the relevant section of something called the
 ved at the
                 unwell part of the body in another
 undoubtably secular
                 (and not cheap) ceremony in order to redress
 the
                 balance. According to the latest
 "discoveries" of
                 Maharaja Raja Raam (Tony to his friends) the
 reason we
                 get ill in the first place is because the
 battles of the
                 Ramayana are being fought out in our bodies.
 Astounding.
                 Order me an obviously secular yagya
 immediately!

             But
 mantras I don't
                 care about. I mean, obviously they
 come from
                 some hindu or pre-hindu teaching, all this
 stuff does
                 and all this stuff is ancient. The question
 is, why
                 would that be a surprise to
 anybody?

               ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,