On 04/03/2014 03:20 PM, steve.sun...@yahoo.com wrote:

Michael aside from the philosophical question of "we are enlightened, we just aren't aware of it", what I am speculating is that if there are states of enlightenment, and I believe there are, there are likely to be unique chemicals that either help produce the state, or are a byproduct of it.

I can't say for sure, and don't really even care. It's just a speculation on my part.

Yesterday as I was driving, I was wondering about the thought I had as a child that always scared me. "what's beyond the edge of the universe". And since you brought up that other point about already being enlightened, but just not knowing it, the mind blower for me was that it is said that at some point you realize that the material world is just an illusion anyway.

The entire universe is inside a child's ball which he/she is bouncing around. And he/she is in a universe inside another child's ball which is inside another child's ball, etc, etc, etc. Some will argue it is really inside a ball hanging off a dog's collar but that is another movie entirely.