 Yeah, I would like to know what "science" he is referring to - perhaps Eric
Von Daniken type science? Or maybe Scientology type science? Or TM type
science? its all cut from the same cloth.

 I guess it would depend if it gets buried or not. And there's always
exceptions, like the pyramids at Giza, they are the world's first large
buildings and they would probably outlast anything we've built if our
civilisation ended tomorrow.

 But if things get buried they will last. Take the fabulous remains discovered
in Turkey at Göbekli Tepe http://www.gobeklitepe.info/

 http://www.gobeklitepe.info/

 Göbekli Tepe http://www.gobeklitepe.info/ Welcome to the presentation of the
The World’s First Temple, Gobeklitepe … a pre-historic site, about 15 km away
from the city of Sanliu...

 View on www.gobeklitepe.info http://www.gobeklitepe.info/
 Preview by Yahoo

 against the usual run of things they were actually buried by the makers (we
assume) and are pristine. If they had been left to the elements they would have
disappeared by now as they are 12,000 years old!

 Because of the age there are all sorts of fantasies about them being the
Garden of Eden - loads of it on the net - but we will probably never know who
built it or why.

 But why a civilisation that could make nuclear weapons would disappear
completely is beyond me, it would have to have been huge. You don't get the
sort of technology required from spending most of the day farming, you need a
proper scientific caste with money to burn, and all the technology involved
would have to be painstakingly invented. It takes time and makes a mess, it
took most of the population of Egypt  working together hundreds of years just
to make the pyramids.

 The idea of a nuclear early human culture is just ridiculous, we were too busy
hunting rhino's to worry about much else in the sort of time they would have
needed to be working out how atoms work. I can't believe I'm actually spending
time thinking about it, I'm going out for a drink!