You can't have awareness without consciousness. Without being conscious there is nothing to be aware of.

On 03/19/2015 11:19 AM, Duveyoung wrote:

*Q:*   But when you look at yourself, what do you see?

*Nisargadatta:* It depends how I look. When I look through the mind, I see numberless people. When I look beyond the mind, I see the witness. Beyond the witness there is the infinite intensity of emptiness and silence.

Edg: This is the constant teaching of Nisargadatta throughout his talks: awareness is not consciousness.

  • [FairfieldLife] 37 words Duveyoung
    • Re: [FairfieldLife]... Bhairitu noozg...@sbcglobal.net [FairfieldLife]
      • Re: [FairfieldL... anartax...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
        • Re: [Fairfi... Bhairitu noozg...@sbcglobal.net [FairfieldLife]