Do you experience awareness? I'm sure you do or you would be residing up on a hill with some stone markers or in an urn somewhere. So tell me how can you experience awareness without consciousness? I think this is an issue of semantics. Does Nisargadatta mean conflate "awareness" with "being?" Being theoretically exists without consciousness because it pervades everything and is the basis of everything. Some folks call that "being" "God." "Awareness" would then be a poor choices of words. And yes I've read Nisargadatta.