 From: salyavin808 <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>

 Speaking of the Yahoo-Groups Guidelines, I just wanted to let you know that
the 1,680-word rant that someone keeps spamming to Fairfield Life in violation
of the guidelines has shown up again. Some hacker seems to have pasted it into
your post, just after the announcement. Much of it (everything after the first
300 words or so) seems to have been written by a previous poster to Fairfield
Life who, as I understand it, was specifically asked by Rick not to insinuate
his faux persona into the duties of moderator. Just sayin'...

 I know you'll want to get right on this.

 Turq B survived the first putsch. That's a relief.

 Yeah. Like Michael, I seriously wondered when I pressed Send whether my post
would go through.  :-)

 Ha, me too. But my eyes went to the "new topic" button to see if it was still
there or was I doomed to never to waffle on FFL again...

 But I think the guidelines will be posted regularly to keep the fear quotient
high. Uniform blandness will be achieved!

 I have absolutely NO PROBLEM with the *actual* Yahoo-Groups Guidelines being
posted regularly. What I object to are the 1,300+ words of insulting SPAM that
Doug has chosen to follow them with. They were written by a fictional persona
named Buck that Doug is not supposed to be channeling in his duties as FFL
moderator. And yet Doug is reposting them as if *his rant* is an integral part
of the guidelines. I find that remarkably un-self-aware and offensive. Not to
mention being contrary to what he promised Rick.

 I don't mind seeing them either, as long as no one minds me ignoring them
occasionally. I'd hate to be a member of any club that would accept me, as
Groucho Marx kinda said.

 The only thing that annoys me here is when people come here just to whine and
criticise and make the place unreadable, as a certain gentleman from Texas has
admitted doing.

 Be the change you want to see in the world. That's what I say.