> > At the rate hes going, he may try that.
>
> Hey, I'll be glad to address the invitations for him when he does.

We'll make it a big party. Rudra Joe can cook and bring Tom some new
rudraksha beads.

> > And just curious, have you ever met a rude long term TMer? >
There are
> > plenty of ways of dealing with "that situation" other than rudeness,,
> > some more effective than others, depending on the person -- but damn,
> > in 30 years the poor TMer hasn't found it. Sometimes what OUGHT to be
> > is the same as WHAT IS.
>
> Agreed. Yes, I have met rude long-term TMers.

So Tom, in his moments, is not unique. Dare I say, even on this list,
there lurk a few apparently rude people.

> We are all shaped by our early experiences, Anon, and there is little
> we can do about it at that point. (And I would be willing to venture
> many if not most here had pretty horrible ones, which is one big reason
> we started TM to begin with.) But he's an adult now, and falling back
> on the age-old abuse-excuse doesn't fly in the real world, and it
> shouldn't here either.

Except, how many had prolonged and severe child abuse? And how many
stand up and say, "I know I am really screwed up in some ways, and I
am working really hard to fix it." And he doesn't throw it out as a
constant excuse. He aid it once or twice in the context of his search
for therapies. I tend to want to give the guy some slack.

> > And with all your seeking you are now dazzling and flawless? (I mean
> > you seem so to me, but I just was wondering if have some darker
> > moments too)
>
> Thanks, but I have plenty of darker moments.

So, see, even with your many years of seeking and programs, even you
are not perfect. Just perhaps a but more polite and controlled at times.

> > "Hey
> > >
> > > Tom asks for it, Anon. He sends hit-and-run posts and then
> > ridicules
> > > people even *before* they respond--kind of preemptively, I
guess you
> > > could say. I can't believe that is part of your definition of
> > seeking.
> > > I hope not.

I don't get the paradox. You yorself are seeking, and have dark
moments. Do you ever do some things you regret in those dark moments?
Say things you wish you hadn't?

> > Again, from another angle, are you a psychiatrist? Have you diagnosed
> > Tom? Are you aware of his case history? If not, how can you say, x
> > number of years should have shaped him up just fine. How many 30 year
> > TMers do you know who are still way screwed up?
>
> I didn't say anything about shaping up in X number of years. There is
> nothing to that effect in the quote above.

> > "healing
> > not be

transitory. I
> > find
> > and
> > at the

> > lot
> > >
> > > I must have missed those posts--really. To me they are all
> > > attention-seeking and about at the level of your average
> > high-schooler
> > > (no insult meant to high-schoolers, of course).
> > >
> > > Sal
> >
> > Yes, you may have missed a lot. He has posted over the years a lot of
> > interesting stuff. Maybe read the archives. His New Oreleans post was
> > maybe 90% thru the timeline of his posts.
>
> You mean the one in which he gloated over the destruction of an entire
> city

come on, he just wished the destruction of the satanic voodoo part --
in the french quarter. Not the whole city. To want to raze a whole
city to get rid of the satanic ogoga booga, you gotta be a RAJA!

> and wished more of the same on it? Yes, I agree, that was Tom at
> his finest, all right.
>
> Sal

But like I say, he had written a lot of stuff over the years prior to
that. Much of it interesting, calm, rational, perceptive. Then there
was the part about wanting to shoot Rick or something. And Peter too.
The latter maybe had some merit. But then that might just be a
southern thing. Like the laudable Georgian congressmen who, live on
TV, virtually challenged Chris Mathews (Hardball) to a duel. I mean
you gotta watch it when you insult a southern man's honor.