--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, anonymousff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
<snip>
> Perhaps that Anon should have said,
>
> That is not fully correct Sal. Tom wished for the destruction of the
> portion of the french quarter that he perceives to be saturated with
> centuries of voodoo practices. Which in his view appear to be a
> negative influence. Its ironic though, that people are aghast at
> Tom's thought, but only chuckle at Raja's advocation of the
> destruction of an entire city to rid percieved negativity.

I don't believe the Raja was advocating wiping out
the *people* in the city, though, was he?

Nor was the Raja proposing to selectively destroy the
enclave of a nonmainstream religion practiced primarily
by a minority group upon which he had been known to heap
scorn and hatred.

And presumably the Raja would expect to have to obtain
the consent of the local government, if not of the
people to be displaced (but there would presumably be
provision made for the latter to move into other
housing; they wouldn't be left homeless).

The anticipated destruction in New Orleans, in contrast,
was via a natural disaster that didn't obtain
*anybody's* consent, nor did it arrange to provide for
the needs of those whose homes it would take.

So I think there may be excellent reason for the
difference in reaction.