I've never quite understood perfect pitch because musical tunings have evolved arbitrarily unless some frequency just seemed "right" to some people. I worked with a pianist who claimed to have perfect pitch and would bring a tuning kit to gigs to fix and instrument he had to play on. I need to look up if there is some physiological theory on why some people develop "perfect pitch."