 MS,

 It's unusual that a girl would study the trombone as the instrument of choice.
 I'm thinking that girls usually play the violin, viola or cello.  But it
obviously paid off for her since she's playing for symphonies now.

 I have a niece who started out with playing the flute and ended up at
Guildehall in London getting her Masters int the French Horn.
 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guildhall_School_of_Music_and_Drama
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guildhall_School_of_Music_and_Drama

 To a gifted musician, the world itself is a symphony of music.  One of Greek
philosophers coined the term "music of the spheres" to describe the function of
the various planets in the zodiac.  IMO, the "music" refers to the wave
functions for each of the planets which affect our brains and physiology.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <msilver1951@...> wrote :

 This girl was 13 at the time. She did not major in piano but trombone and now
plays for symphonies. Her father was a conductor. She said that her biggest
problem was when playing with symphonies it would drive her nuts when the
symphony would tune sharp of the standardized tuning of 440 because to her ear
440 was normal. When she was young and would hang out with my daughter, she
would identify the pitches of all the different sounds like printers
transformer noise etc. Got to be a joke after awhile.

http://music.stackexchange.com/questions/776/why-are-orchestras-tuned-differently

http://music.stackexchange.com/questions/776/why-are-orchestras-tuned-differently