--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> MMY's personality is very much a product of his time
> and culture. It has nothing to do with anything
> "cosmic". Blazing Brahman expresses itself through an
> aging, slightly senile, lower-caste, 89 year old Hindu
> man who has run a spiritual movement with an iron fist
> for the past 50 years.

Boy, I think this is an important point.

Peter, would it also be correct to phrase it
slightly differently and say, This is *how*
Blazing Brahman is expressing itself through
this particular aging, slightly senile,
lower-caste, 89-year-old Hindu man who has
run a spiritual movement with an iron fist
for the past 50 years?

I mean, obviously one has to think MMY has
*realized* Blazing Brahman in order to make
either of these two statements.

But people tend to look at the *expression*,
find it to be much less than what they think
of as "perfection" in a relative sense, and
on that basis assume MMY has *not* realized
Brahman.

Of course whether he has or hasn't is still
one's individual take; it's just that the take
shouldn't be based, it seems to me, on the
perceived distance of the expression from what
they would consider relative perfection.

So what should it be based on??  I assume
realized people and nonrealized people have
different ways of evaluating MMY's state of
consciousness.

>From my unrealized perspective, it's a
combination of a gut hunch, and my awe at the
depth, comprehensiveness, and internal
consistency of his teaching on the nature and
mechanics of consciousness (including its
implementation in the TM technique), as well
as the teaching'sextraordinary explanatory value.

It just doesn't seem possible to me that a person,
no matter how brilliant their mind, could come up
with such a teaching purely on an intellectual
basis.  It has to be coming from some basis in
higher intuitive knowledge (or Knowledge, to
distinguish it from intellectual knowledge).

Of course, that's still based on a sense of how
close MMY's expression comes to my idea of
relative perfection, which is what I just said
you shouldn't do.

Now I'm trying to figure out on what basis I think
evaluating his teaching on the nature and mechanics
of consciousness is a more appropriate criterion on
which to have an opinion of his realization, versus
evaluating the sensibleness of his political and
social pronouncements and what he's been doing with
the TMO.

Help me out here.  They're both measuring what MMY
expresses against a personal idea of relative
perfection.  Why should choosing one *type* of
expression over another make a difference?  Or
are both approaches essentially absurd?

Obviously I've gone off on something of a tangent
here...

 The value of our interaction
> with him has nothing to do with the "surface" of this
> relationship. This "surface" always varies from guru
> to guru and is quite irrelevent to the transcendent
> value of the relationship. MMY doesn't give a damn
> about your personality. It is utterly irrelevent to
> your Realization.
>
> --- Premanand Paul Mason <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > I have received an email relating to a press
> > conference in which MMY
> > allegedly "made himself look and sound like an Ill
> > tempered raving
> > lunatic."
<snip>

Ever feel sad or cry for no reason at all? Depression. Narrated by Kate Hudson.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/CQDrNC/ubOLAA/d1hLAA/0NYolB/TM