What we really should do is pummel Yahoo with our objections.  Even a
few hundred emails from folks here should get the point across.  I've
always considered Yahoo a lame organization with lame developers.  I
alway prefer forums to groups anyway but you have to know how to
implement one on a web site.

- Bhairitu

Rick Archer wrote:

>For some reason the bozos at Yahoo recently switched FFL¹s classification to
>the http://dir.groups.yahoo.com/dir/Romance___Relationships/Adult category.
>This obligates people to agree to Yahoo¹s Porn conditions before being
>admitted to the messages. I also just discovered that FFL no longer comes up
>in the results when you search for it or for any of the keywords in its
>description in the ³Find a Group² box at http://groups.yahoo.com/. This is
>probably true of all groups in the adult category. I would like to submit an
>appeal to Yahoo and would like some of you to help me by exploring the Yahoo
>Groups category structure and recommending the ideal category for FFL. I
>will then begin to pester Yahoo to change our category. I obviously did not
>choose the adult category when I started this group. I believe I chose
>something in the communities category. I wonder if they switched us because
>Tom Pall complained, or whether they automatically detect profanity in posts
>and assign groups to the adult category if they find any. Anyway, this
>situation handicaps the group and I would like to remedy it. Thanks in
>advance for your help.

Ever feel sad or cry for no reason at all? Depression. Narrated by Kate Hudson.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/YbEMxA/ubOLAA/d1hLAA/0NYolB/TM