--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, anonymousff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >

> > --- anonymousff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >

> > > Perhaps I am too prone to the poetic. I thought "Its
> > > HOLLOWED OUT, CRYSTALINE matrix, a unique
> > > TRANSPARENT tapestry woven
> > > from the RESIDUE of thousands of lives, ..." made
> > > the "empty shell"
> > > idea of roasted smaskaras clear. Perhaps its an
> > > experiential difference.
> >
> > What the f**k are you talking about, Grasshopper?
> >

> Apparently nothing you can relate to.
>
> Perhaps its not in your experience, but with time and grace, there is
> a sense that the body, mind, intellect and all become HOLLOW and
> empty. They appear to become more TRANSPARENT, as if CRYSTALINE. Their
> functioning seems, as a poetic metaphor, like a RESIDUE -- though its
> a complex pattern like a TAPESTRY.
>
> This appears to happen as those knots within our soul (another poetic
> phrase) loosen and unravel. Like a know in a rope, when it is untied,
> it does not exist, But what is left is some small creasing of the
> rope. As knots unravel, there is that growing sense of being HOLLOW
> AND EMPTY. But the crease from the past knots causee enough "dust"
> to form on the otherwise transparent Crystaline form or body, mind
> intellect and all that remains. The dust creates some defraction of
> both Effulgence and the light of everyday life events. This light
> defraction (again a poetic metaphor) gives the appearance of the
> former mundane earthy body, mind and intellect, though its is just a
> mirage.
>
> Those knots, in classical literature, are called samskaras.
>
> I hope this helps.

-----

With the poetic allusions clarified, perhaps the original post makes
more sense to those prone to literal readings.

"Your mind is never going to get MMY. Never, ever." DR. PS

Who / what is Maharishi? The same as we all experience in or out of
meditation. Effulgence, for want of a better inadequate label or name.

What is the personality, mind, intellect of Maharishi? Its a hallowed
out, crystaline matrix, a unique transparent tapestry woven from the
residue of thousands of lives, training, teachers, culturing, habits,
experiences, karmas, sadhanas, tapas, sacrafices, blunders, deaths,
births, brothers, sisters, pets, hunger, sex, wives, children, wars,
peace, oppulence, wandering, seclusion, fame, poverty, shame, dharma,
joy, sadness, dispair and elation.

What does this tapestry have to do with the Effulgent? Nothing. Other
than being a vessel for the Effulgent to flow through. As all vessels,
you and me, are.

So there is Effulgence, and there is a personality. One of billions of
personalities cultured over the eons. That a particular personality
has quirks, is odd, misbehaves sometimes -- like Dr. Strangelove's arm
trying to chock him -- its all reaction. Reaction of that tapestry,
with all its quirky embedded designs, with the day to day ticking of
LIFE and experience as presented, while EFFULGENCE flows through it all.

What is hard to understand here?

Ever feel sad or cry for no reason at all? Depression. Narrated by Kate Hudson.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/CQDrNC/ubOLAA/d1hLAA/0NYolB/TM